Sunday, October 29, 2017

Your Own Cheerleader

“You got this, girl!”

“I am proud of you.”

“Stop shuffling your feet, babe.”

“Put your head up.”

“Keep moving forward.”

These are all things I mentally or even sometimes verbally (yep I’m that crazy runner talking to herself) say when I am on a run/jog/walk/crawl.  

When I am on a long run, I am usually by myself.  I need a shirt that says “Does not run well with others”.  J  Sometimes those long runs get lonely, daunting, L-O-N-G. 

I think this relates to our lives in general.  I hope you are like me and you are blessed with an amazing support system.  This may be family, friends, co-workers, your spouse, human children, furry children, etc.  Even so sometimes you are alone – physically, socially, or mentally.  There are times you have to motivate/support yourself. 

Have you told yourself “I am proud of you!” lately?  It might seem cheesy, but I think it is important.  I am a fan of “counting your blessings” when you are feeling down.  Instead of counting blessings today, maybe think of your efforts lately.  When I am really struggling, I try to think of a few things I have done well recently.  

Some examples –

“I am proud of you for washing the dishes.”

“I am proud of you for working out when you wanted to go home after work.”

“I am proud of you for making time to talk to ____ today.”

“I am proud of you for holding your tongue and not saying what you were thinking.” :)

“I am proud of you for getting out of bed this morning!”

It is so easy to think about what we haven’t done, what we did wrong, what we aren’t good enough at, etc.  A lot of times these thoughts occur in our heads and we don’t voice them to others, which is completely human.  In those situations, we have to be our own cheerleaders.  We have to support and motivate ourselves.

YAY YOU! GO YOU! YOU GOT THIS! ROCK IT!



Buzz Ya Later,


Whit  

No comments:

Post a Comment